Imagine two of your favorite things—say, Tumblr’s Reblog Book Club and The Rumpus Book Club—had a beautiful baby. Yep: you’ve got the Rumblr Book Club.
We’re basing our model (with their blessing) on Tumblr’s brilliant Reblog Book Club. So:
- Get a copy of An Untamed State online, at your local bookstore, or at your public library, and start reading.
- Follow the conversation through The Rumblr (and via Roxane and Grove/Atlantic)
- Contribute by posting to your own Tumblr blog and tagging the post #Rumblr Book Club — we’ll reblog it into the main conversation.
- Ask Roxane questions!
You, plus the lovely folks at Grove / Atlantic, your dedicated Rumblr editors, and Roxane Gay herself will be contributing to this online discussion.
The Rumblr will be your headquarters, but you can follow along through the Tumblr tag too.
We’ll break the reading and discussion into five chunks, to help shield the spoiler-averse. Here’s our schedule:
- The week of May 19: pages 1-66
- The week of May 26: pages 67-146
- The week of May 2: pages 147-207
- The week of June 9: pages 211-288
- The week of June 16: pages 290-367
For folks who’ve yet to subscribe to the Rumpus Book Club, here’s a chance to get your feet wet. For Tumblr book lovers who want to talk Roxane Gay’s heartbreaking and heartmending debut novel, An Untamed State, here’s your opportunity.